As February 2022 approaches, it is doubtful that the federal government would issue any further stimulus checks as a consequence of the ongoing economic repercussions of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States of America. This may be linked to a number of issues, the most notable of which is President Joe Biden’s administration’s present inability to enact his so-called “Build Back Better” plan into law or legislation.
Stimulus Checks Are Required
Millions of moderate and lower-income Americans, or residents of the United States, who have been dependant on stimulus are apprehensive about how they will cope in the present economic COVID-19 climate, which includes super-high inflation of above 7%.
However, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic – and now more especially the extremely contagious Omicron version of the pandemic – several states and localities are still offering stimulus checks or payments, financial help or relief this year.
This article will outline and briefly detail seven COVID-19 stimulus and economic assistance initiatives available at the state and local levels. The information was gleaned from a Marca article. This list does not cover all of the states and communities in the United States that are giving economic stimulus packages this year.
If you want to find out if your state or city offers similar stimulus payments and economic aid, keep reading.
- Update on the Stimulus: In February 2022, Residents in These Four States Will Get Additional Stimulus Funds
- Stimulus Check Update: Are You Getting a Stimulus Check in January 2022 | Complete Info!
- Economy in 2022 as a Result of Stimulus and Increased Unemployment Benefits
7 Places Where You Can Get a Stimulus Check
- In Washington, D.C. Strong Families, Strong Futures – this initiative will provide $900 per month for a year to 132 families in the United States capital.
- Rochester City, New York State — this city has a two-year relief plan in place to help two categories of qualified individuals. The first group of 175 persons received $500 per month during the first year, and the second group of 175 received the same financial help or stimulus payments the following year.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Funds generated for COVID-19 assistance will be utilised to provide $500 monthly stimulus payments to 200 low-income families.
- New Orleans, Louisiana – A monthly budget of $350 will be set aside and paid for the financial education of youngsters. Marca claims that this will be available for ten months.
- The guaranteed income pilot project in Newmark, New Jersey, will be examined in two ways. The recipients will receive $350 every two weeks for half of them, and $3000 annually for the other half.
- The city of Chicago, Illinois — If a citizen fits the criteria and can show that they earn less than $35,000 per year, they are eligible for monthly stimulus payments of $500.
- Columbia, South Carolina – The poorest 100 families in the state will receive a monthly stimulus grant of $500.